There is no other place to photograph newborns than the comfort and realness of your own space and home. The simplicity of natural newborn photography leaves your baby and your emotions at the center. No props, no distractions, so fluff. Adding other children into the mix gives even more reason to stay at home, be comfortable and take in this time together. We all know it goes too fast.
Here are my Top Ten reasons (though I do think I could get another solid 50 more) why it is pretty priceless to have your newborn and family photographer come to you.
- Your children feel more comfortable in their own space. They can regulate emotions better when surrounded by familiar and comfortable things. This gives them the freedom and space to really let their true self shine through in your photographs.
- You do not need to dress, pack and get five people out of your home and on the road by a certain time. I mean, this reason speaks for itself.
- No stress of traffic or traveling with newborns and toddlers in the car.
- You can have a minute to yourself (drink a tea, send some emails, take a call)while I spend time photographing other members of the family.
- You remain safe and dry from all weather.
- Your imagery reflects the real you- in your own home where you spend most of you time playing, raising, teaching, bonding, eating, bathing and sleeping with your babies. Pretty magical.
- You have endless snacks, outfit changes and soothing bits and pieces all around you. Plus we can use the bathtub, kitchen sink and all day-to-day things in your collection.
- All humans can immediately head to nap when the times comes, including you…
- There is something nostalgic about photographs from your childhood that capture your grandparents home, or the townhouse you were raised in- they just feel more homey.
- Your images will be like no one else. Who wants pictures just like their neighbor’s or their sister’s? These are images that will be yours, unique to you and like no one else.
Hello. Thank you for visiting. I am Steph, owner of Steph Kines Photo, specializing in working with young families, expecting women and growing babies in the Philadelphia area. I hope you found my Ten Reasons Why the Photographer Should Come to You for Newborn Photos blog feature helpful and inspiring. If you are interested in booking a photography session and would like to talk more about how we will spend our time together, let’s connect here. Finding your photographer can take time, so if you would like to follow along and see more behind the scenes, follow me on Instagram.
Steph is Philadelphia’s Natural Newborn Photographer, specializing in finding light and connection in your own space. She offers maternity, family, milestone and newborn photography in a warm, natural and unexpected way. Her clients love that her sessions are child-led which means giving space and guidance to young children to be themselves in their own environment. This leads to more true reflection of your family at this time in your life. All clients receive a collection of prints and the rights to fully edited digital files. Steph can design custom, heirloom albums and assist with wall galleries to display in your home. I invite you to learn more about the quality and feel of my offered products and art with this blog post.
Steph serves Philadelphia, Bucks County and The Main Line including:
Bryn Mawr | Media | Main Line | Gladwyne | Villanova | Radnor | Narberth | Wynwood | Ardmore | Malvern | Strafford | Chestnut Hill | Haverford | Merion | Penn Valley | Doylestown | New Hope | North Wales | Lansdale | Harleysville | Newtown Square | Collegeville